Heating systems have come a long way in these years, but the risk of your home catching fire from them is there. However, with the help of a potent furnace repair service, you can easily avoid them. This article will help you understand how you can avoid such accidents with 8 tips. But if you're not sure how to minimize the risk from heating systems, give the best furnace repair in Austin a call.
Hire a professional to regularly check up on your furnace. Most of the time, the fire starts inside the furnace. Be sure that you have all the ducts properly cleaned. If you're looking for a professional inspection of your furnace, give us a call here at Grande Air Solutions. You can find us at furnace services near you.
This you can do yourself. Frequently clean your chimney with a sweeping creosote log if you don't want to hire a professional chimney sweep. Clean your Chimney at least 12 or more times a year. Clean it thoroughly of soot and creosote.
This is actually hard for an untrained individual to do. When you're cleaning your chimney, you need to look for structural damage within the chimney. Sometimes small but acute damage can escape a layperson's eyes. So it is best to hire a professional to clean it and check simultaneously for damage.
Using a diffusion screen with your fireplace is a really convenient way to avoid fire accidents. If you have carpets or wooden floors near your fireplace, you must use a diffuse screen to prevent logs from rolling onto them or sparks of amber landing outside the fireplace. A diffusion screen will minimize the chance of such accidents.
Space heaters are a fire hazard, according to the US fire administration. They have said, evidently, 74 percent of the fire-related deaths originate from space heaters every year in the US. If you cannot do without a space heater, buy one with an emergency cut-off. An emergency cut-off turns the heater off if it's knocked down or tipped over. This will prevent something from catching fire from a toppled-down space heater.
Be sure to place a space heater on a non-flammable surface and never leave it unattended. Be sure to place it far away from any flammable stuff like wooden furniture or curtains.
An old water heater starts to deteriorate, and its thermostat becomes irregular as well. This can cause the flame to be inconsistent and cause a flash fire, especially if the water heater is placed in an open place, like a garage, where the air supply changes from time to time.
Place your Boiler away from any flammable substance and give it a lot of space.
This is your last resort. If your house does catch fire, you'll need good home insurance to replace your life and your home.